We have made some decent progress the last few months. A number of bugfixes have been made all around, and a few larger and more notable changes are detailed here.
A complete overhaul of how game objects can be attached to each other has been completed by John (Mako). Starting with Mezzanine::AttachableBase there is a hierarchy of classes which a game can use to create their own attachable children and parents. Currently AreaEffects, Cameras, Entities, Lights, ParticleEffects, and WorldNodes can be attached to WorldNodes and NonStaticWorldObjects which includes all actors. There are fairly simple default behaviours and this system should respond intuitively when used. For example, if you attach several green and red lights to an actor that looks like a bicycle you might get something that looks the picture to the right.
We have also updated Bullet 3d, the physics engine that does the work behind the scenes. The main feature that will be easy for games built with the Mezzanine is the more stable constraints specifically the 6 degree of freedom constraint. There are a number of other upgrades and we will work to expose in the unified Mezzanine API.
The beginnings of a Lua interpreter and compiler have been integrated into the Mezzanine by Joe (Sqeaky). Currently it is compiling and running test scripts in Catch! to help identify any performance issues this might cause.